- Enable PPP module in SolusVM (Manage > Controls > Settings > “Enable PPP”)
- Re-install with our Debian 6 w/pptpd template in SolusVM (Manage > Controls > General > “Re-install”)
- Change localip in /etc/pptpd.conf to your VPS IP address
- Setup username and password in /etc/ppp/chap-secrets
- Run iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j SNAT –to-source YOURVPSIP
- Run iptables-save
- Run service pptpd restart
- Run sh /root/reapply.sh
And you’re all set. Login to you server using your VPS’s IP address and credentials. If you have any issues try the following troubleshooting steps:
Run the following command: cat /dev/ppp
If it returns “cat: /dev/ppp: No such device or address” then your PPP module is set correctly, if not, you need to enable it in SolusVM (or disable and re-enable it).
Restart your VPS in SolusVM. If this allows you to connect but you do not have internet access, you’ll need to re-run the iptables commands above (steps 5 and 6).